Roxul SAFE 4"x24"x48" 4 / Bundle
ROXUL SAFE™ is a lightweight, semi-rigid stone wool insulation that provides superior fire resistance and sound control. ROXUL SAFE™ is UL and Intertek approved as a forming material for numerous fire stop systems. This product is designed to fill perimeter gaps between concrete floor slabs and exterior wall systems, between firewalls and ceiling slabs, and around conduit pipes and duct openings through walls and floor slabs.
ROXUL SAFE™ together with CURTAINROCK® 40/80 provides a comprehensive critical line of defense in fire protection that has been UL/ULC tested and approved for perimeter fire containment.
- Non-combustible stone wool insulation with melting point of approx. 1177°C (2150°F)
- Does not promote smoke or flame spread when exposed to flame
- Minimal shrinkage to maintain critical line of defense against fire
- Low thermal conductivity
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Does not rot, promote mildew, fungi, or bacteria
- Can be faced with reinforced foil facings ROXUL can contribute to earning LEED® points